*STAndards-Based Measurement of Proficiency (STAMP) Exam
Honors students please contact Katie Alexander with questions or for Honors STAMP testing dates
International Business students please contact your Carson Advisor with questions
All students majoring or minoring in a foreign language program must take the STAMP exit exam as part of their major or minor degree at the end of the semester in which the final language course of the degree program is completed.
- The exam cost is $25 and is purchased as a voucher through The Bookie. Bring the voucher to the exam, you will need to enter the code on the voucher to access the exam.
- Additional information on the STAMP exam
- Review practice tests, a student guide, scoring rubrics, and FAQ’s.
- Practice test
WSU mandates the assessment of student proficiency at the end of the major and minor degree programs, and the results from these exams are used to improve the quality of our academic programs.
Foreign Languages and Cultures Spring 2018
Exit Exam Schedule and Information
Sign up: Closes April 17th at 12:00 pm in Thompson 110
Information Session: Monday, April 16th, 4-5pm in Thompson 210 (Language Lab)
Exam Dates – CHOOSE ONE:
- Wednesday, April 18th, 4-7pm: in Thompson 210 (Language Lab)
- Thursday, April 19th, 4-7pm: in Thompson 210 (Language Lab)
NOTE: Bring the STAMP voucher with you to the exam or you will need to reschedule your exam for a later date
- Do all foreign language majors and minors have to take the exam?
- I am an Honors student and have already taken the STAMP exam. Do I have to take it again?
- Yes. You will need to take the exam for your major or minor degree program. The Honors STAMP exam was for the assessment of the language 204 level requirement.
- When am I required to take the exam?
- Students are required to take the exam at the end of the semester in which they complete the final language course of their major or minor degree program.
- Remember, this exam tests the student’s ability to read, speak and write spontaneously in the language of study, and we like our students to do their best!
- How do I begin the process for the exam?
- Students need to purchase a STAMP exam voucher for $25 at The Bookie prior to taking the exam.
- Sign up for the exam in Thompson 101 in the Language Lab.
- Attend the information session on Monday, April 16th from 4:10 – 5pm in Thompson 210 (Language Lab).
- Bring the voucher with you when you come to take the exam or you may have to take the exam at a later date.
- How long is the exam?
- The exam can take up to three hours to complete.
- Who should I contact if I have questions?
- The main office in Thompson 110, by phone at 509-335-4135, or by email at email@example.com