All language majors and minors must take an exit Proficiency Exam – STAMP (STAndards-based Measurement of Proficiency) as part of their major or minor degree.
- Information on the Proficiency Exam (STAMP) available at: http://www.avantassessment.com/stamp4s.html
- Practice test, student guide, scoring rubrics, FAQ
- Practice test: https://stamp4ssample.avantassessment.com/stamp4spractice/do/login
- The exam is to be taken at the end of the semester in which you are completing the FINAL language course of your major or minor
The exam currently costs $25.00 and is purchased as a voucher through the Bookie (ask a Textbooks Cashier).
There is no minimum proficiency level that must be demonstrated in order to complete a foreign language minor/major. STAMP 4S measures the ability to read, speak, write, and aurally comprehend a language. The completion of this exam offers immediate concrete benefits to students. Because the STAMP 4S is administered by a nationally-recognized testing company, the results provide a widely-respected, accurate measure of a student’s level of foreign language proficiency that can be used in future professional endeavors, i.e. on resumes, job applications, scholarship applications, and/or graduate school applications.
No student will be prevented from graduating or from earning their foreign language major or minor due to their performance on this exam. WSU mandates assessment of student proficiency at the end of the major and minor, and results from these exams are used to improve the quality of WSU programs.
EXIT EXAM schedule for SPRING 2017 Semester
SIGN UP FOR EXAM: April 3 – 21, 2017. Sign up in Thompson 210
EXIT EXAM INFORMATION SESSION: April 17th, 4 -5 pm, Thompson 210 (Language Lab)
EXAM DATES – CHOOSE ONE:
NOTE: Bring the STAMP VOUCHER with you to the Exam!
- Monday, April 24, 4:00-7:00pm, Thompson 210 (Language Lab)
- Tuesday, April 25, 4:00-7:00pm, Thompson 210 (Language Lab)